python-crfsuite is a python binding to CRFsuite.
pip install python-crfuite
python-crfsuite is licensed under MIT license. CRFsuite C/C++ library is licensed under BSD license.
Development happens at github: https://github.com/tpeng/python-crfsuite
- fix build on Windows. (thanks @fgregg)
- memory leak is fixed by updating the bundled CRFsuite C++ library;
- the wrapper is rebuilt with Cython 0.21.2.
- fix packaging issues with 0.8 release.
ItemSequencewrapper is added;
- tox tests are fixed.
- Switch to setuptools;
- wheels are uploaded to pypi for faster installation.
- Exceptions in logging message handlers are now propogated and raised. This allows, for example, to stop training earlier by pressing Ctrl-C.
- It is now possible to customize
pycrfsuite.Trainerlogging more easily by overriding the following methods:
pycrfsuite.Trainer.on_end(). The feature is implemented by parsing CRFsuite log. There is
pycrfsuite.BaseTrainerthat is not doing this.
- (backwards-incompatible) training parameters are now passed
pycrfsuite.Trainerconstructor instead of
- (backwards-incompatible) logging support is dropped;
- verbose argument for
pycrfsuite.Trainer.set_params()for getting/setting multiple training parameters at once;
- string handling in Python 3.x is fixed by rebuilding the wrapper with Cython 0.21dev;
- algorithm names are normalized to support names used by crfsuite console utility and documented in crfsuite manual;
- type conversion for training parameters is fixed:
feature.minfreqnow works, and boolean arguments become boolean.
python-crfsuite now detects the featue format (dict vs list of strings) automatically - it turns out the performance overhead is negligible.
Trainer.append_dictsmethods are replaced with a single
Tagger.set_dictsmethods are removed in favor of
pycrfsuite.Taggermethods and constructor are dropped.
Many changes; python-crfsuite is almost rewritten.